About A Thousand Years of Scotland Tour
Join us this September for a memorable trip to some of the most beautiful – and historic – country this side of Brigadoon. Starting with two nights in the majestic English Lake District, with its brooding landscapes and literary shrines to poet William Wordsworth and Beatrix Potter, best known for The Tales of Peter Rabbit. En route to Edinburgh, our home for six nights, we’ll pause in the village of Lockerbie to pay our respects to the victims of Pan Am Flight 103, lost to a terrorist bomb in December 1988.
Our Edinburgh home is the Kimpton Charlotte Square, taking its name from the adjacent World Heritage Site and ideally located next to picturesque Old Town. Our itinerary includes a day in the Scottish Highlands, a walking tour of the Old Course at St. Andrews, birthplace of golf, and Glamis Castle, girlhood home of the late Queen Mother. Edinburgh Castle beckons, along with Holyrood House, St. Giles Cathedral and the multi-media extravaganza called Dynamic Earth. We’ve set aside half a day to explore the Royal Yacht Britannia. And another half to tour Scotland’s capital on your own. Visit an art museum or shop the Royal Mile. If you have been to Scotland before, we’ll take you places you haven’t been. And introduce you to a history you cannot beat.
We’ll meet as a group this morning in Liverpool, United Kingdom. Our first stop today is Metropolitan Cathedral of Christ the King, an awe-inspiring icon of faith and architecture, where we’ll descend into the Lutyens Crypt, vast floorplan for a cathedral that was never built. Heading north, we reach the scenic Lake District, and the first of two nights at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa on the shores of Windemere, the largest lake in England and a favorite of poets, painters and nature lovers for centuries.
Additional Tour Photos
- Admission fees to all historic sites, attractions and museums listed on the itinerary
- All taxes and gratuities for all group functions, including meals, guides, bellmen, and motor coach driver
- Complete baggage handling for one bag per person
- Eight (8) nights outstanding accommodations at: The Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa on Lake Windemere (September 1 & 2); Kimpton Charlotte Square in Edinburgh, Scotland (September 3-9)
- Tour includes eight (8) breakfasts, eight (8) lunches, and seven (7) dinners
Meet Your Host
Share this Tour